1. Community Rights and Responsibilities
To view the full Community standard’s document, please check out the Forms and Documents page
These Community Standards exist to promote, ensure, create, and protect an environment conducive to academic, personal, and social growth. Every resident both benefits from the results created by the community standards and also has an obligation to participate in how they are upheld. As a University Village resident, we expect your participation with regard to resolving conflicts with other residents such as roommate mediations, the student conduct process, requests for information, working towards understanding others’ needs in a respectful way, and conducting yourself in a responsible way. The contents of this document are intended to make you aware of your community rights and responsibilities and are guided by the following principles:
- Residents have the right to live in a respectful environment
- Residents have the right to live in a safe and clean environment
- Residents have the right to an environment that is conducive to sleep
- Residents have the right to an environment that is conducive to studying
- Residents have the right to an impartial conduct review process
- Residents are responsible for being aware of and abiding by all of the Community Standards
- Residents are responsible for your personal actions
- Residents are responsible for respecting the differences of those around you
- Residents are responsible for taking an active role in the safety of your community
- Residents are responsible for holding other community members accountable for their actions
University regulations, federal, state, and local laws:
As a resident of the University Village, you are required to abide by all University policies regarding student conduct and applicable federal, state, and local laws. Including, but not limited to, those included in the Cal Poly Pomona University Catalog and Handbook, and those included in the Standards for Student Conduct found in Article 2 of Subchapter 4 of Chapter 1 of Part V (Section 41301) of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations. The University Village License Agreement and the use of the housing facilities are subject to Articles 5 and 6 of Subchapter 5 of Chapter 1 of Part V (Sections 42000 through 42103) of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations.
Your Educational Experience:
The University Village strives to offer a professional staff to work with residents to maintain a community that enhances students’ educational experience at the University Village. Additionally, the University Village works to create social, educational, developmental, and recreational opportunities.
Community Standard Violations:
These Community Standards are designed to encourage residents to take responsibility for their actions and to ensure that the rights of all community members are respected. The University Village Conduct Review Process exists to address violations of the Community Standards outlined in this document and any inappropriate or illegal conduct. Any University Village Conduct Review Process may take place prior to or concurrently with University or criminal processes. Residents believed to be in violation of the Community Standards will be referred to the University Village Conduct Review Process. As a resident, you agree to participate in the University Village Conduct Review Process and to complete any resolutions issued. Should you fail to prevent or report Community Standard violations, you will be held accountable for not doing so, as outlined in your Community Rights and Responsibilities.
Failure to respond to conduct-related communication (email, phone call, letter, et al.), attend conduct review meetings, or complete assigned resolutions constitutes Failure to Comply. Failure to Comply violations could result in NOTICE TO QUIT.